Reseller hosting is a type of web hosting in which the account owner has the right to use his / her allotted hard drive space and bandwidth to host third party websites. The reseller buys wholesale services from the host and then sells them to customers, likely for a fee. A certain part of the bandwidth and hard drive space is assigned to the reseller account. The reseller may rent a hosting company’s dedicated server or resell shared hosting services. In the above case, the reseller is essentially granted permission to sell their own customers a certain amount of disk space and bandwidth without renting a server from a web hosting company that they have signed for a contract.
Overview of Reseller Hosting
The traditional reseller for web hosting may be a web design company, web developer, or system integrator that provides web hosting as an add-on service. Reseller hosting is also an inexpensive way for enterprise web hosting to start a business. Many reseller hosting plans allow resellers to build their own service plans and to select a pricing structure for themselves. Resellers may in many cases create their own branding through customized control panels and servers.
The hosting of resellers can be seen as the partnership between a wholesaler and a retailer. The Web hosting company (wholesaler) rents resellers (retailers) space on their servers. As much bandwidth, storage space, and the price they choose, the reseller will distribute and price the space they have rented for.
Reseller hosting doesn’t need a comprehensive knowledge of the web hosting technological aspects. The data center operator is typically responsible for managing the network infrastructure and equipment, and the server is installed, protected, and maintained by the dedicated owner. A reseller is responsible for interfacing with its own customer base, but usually, any hardware, software, and networking problems are transferred to the service provider from which the reseller contract has been purchased. Being a successful reseller typically requires substantial advertising in order to attract customers.
Although the payments with major hosts are only a few dollars a month, it’s a low-margin company and resellers have to spend huge advertising budgets competing with existing rivals. Web hosting, however, is one of the largest online businesses, since every website requires hosting.
Resellers can set up and manage customer accounts through a Web interface, usually a “Control Panel” point-and-click.
Reseller Hosting is Commonly Sold With:
- WHMCS (an all-in-one client management, billing and support solution for online businesses)
- SSL for hosting domain (add SSL to a domain to secure the billing form of the website)
- SSL reseller account (resell SSL to clients at discounted prices and keep any profits)
- Domain reseller account (resell domains as well as hosting from a hosting company)
Where does the hosting work for resellers?
Here are the steps (maybe over-simplified) for establishing a reseller business:
- 1) Study and choose a hosting company. I recommend RackNerd for the “best reseller hosting” provider, you can visit their website at 👉 https://mktgs.com/webhost
- 2) Buy a reseller package which meets your business objectives
- 3) Learn your target market and understand it for finding your new customers
- 4) Build branded hosting packages yourself
- 5) Decide which price to pay
- 6) Sell your clients the hosting packages
- 7) Start earning
Which are the benefits of running a reseller?
Making the most of reseller hosting brings great benefits to your new or established brand. As a dealer you will:
- Get to act as hosting service-host money and build websites
- Gain profits easily
- Create your own hosting plans and bundles, customized to your company and customers
- Host your customers and bill them using your exclusive brand
- Render cPanel control panels independent of each of your clients
- Save money with low initial start-up costs, and upgrade later
What’s included in a kit for resellers?
Below are some of the standard features available to Reseller packages:
- Bandwidth Via
- Server Setup & multiple domain hosting
- Ability to mark your own web hosting business with your client’s unknown hosting service company (also known as the “white label”)
- New control panel at cPanel
- Manage your own plans and configure various accounts to suit your needs
- Features such as email, control panel, additional scripts, and monitoring tools are passed on to your own clients
- Hosting service offer premium support (usually 24/7)
Will I need to be an expert in hosting to succeed in that?
None. Your provider will handle all the “dirty” work on the backend so that you can focus on building your business. The web hosting company will all discuss server hardware, networking, network infrastructure, system setup and maintenance, security, and server updates. It’s a good idea to test these stuff out while you do your work and make sure you have the best tech support if any problems arise … and they are likely.
How do I choose the best provider for reseller hosting?
It’s important to know that before building up your clientele you should give your own customers the best web hosting experience possible.
Here are just a few attributes to bear in mind when looking for a web hosting company for your reseller:
- User friendly to use in cPanel
- At least 1 builder of the site
- Ensuring customers delight
- Custom nameservers
- Branded Customer Panel
- Spotless service 24/7/365
- A guarantee of uptime of 99.999 percent
- Fully run and managed
Will my customers know it’s me … or my hosting provider?
They are going to believe it’s you! You see, without your customers knowing who your actual upstream hosting provider is, you can run your own hosting company under your banner and logo. This gives you complete power over the promotion of your company with your name written all over it!
Getting Started as Web Hosting Reseller
The basis for your success will be to choose a good reseller web hosting provider that not only fulfills your business’ goals but can provide consistent, reliable service and support because your name is on the line when dealing with your customers.
RackNerd is best provider for “reseller hosting”, you can visit their website at 👉 https://mktgs.com/webhost
Utah Reseller Website Hosting, Los Angeles Reseller Website Hosting, Dallas Reseller Website Hosting, New York Reseller Website Hosting, Montreal Reseller Website Hosting, New Jersey Reseller Website Hosting, London Reseller Website Hosting, Amsterdam Reseller Website Hosting